July 20th, 2008

Expenses and Spending Money – 12th and 2nd house

According to Vedic Astrology, in a horoscope, 12th house indicates:

• Expenses,
  • Foreign elements, places and journeys to foreign location and
  • Final liberation (moksha)

As far as expenses are concerned, this house is better left alone. Presence or influence of any planet in this house increases the tendency to spend money and the reason or the cause of expenditure depends on the disposition on the planet.

Malefic planets do not tend to do well in this house often making expenditure and making the money wasted for all the wrong reasons.

Other planets (Moon, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus and Ketu) influencing this house ensure that the money is well spent. There are various connotations of “well” here. Essentially it means that the person spending the money will be satisfied with the way money is spent. It could be spent on his family, for his own enjoyment. It could be spent on religious activities, e.g. charity to temples, donations to brahmins etc.

House 11, which represents negation of attributes of the twelfth house is called labhasthana, i.e. house of gains. It has been dealt with in the post on money matters.

Interestingly, it is not the 11th house that governs the willingness to spend money. In Chamatkar Chintamani, it is mentioned that Jupiter or Venus in 3rd house denote a person who does not want to spend money either on others, or on himself. In other words, the person is stingy with money, essentially a miser. Following this logic, we can judge that lords of 2nd or 12th house if situated in 3rd house or under a strong influence of 3rd house lord, will also give results similar to those mentioned for Jupiter and Venus.

Presence of Jupiter in 12th house is said to help a person “accumulate” money. However, I am still learning and do not understand well if this amounts to stinginess in terms of money.

11 Responses to “Expenses and Spending Money – 12th and 2nd house”

Beena Says:
October 22nd, 2013 at 5:25 pm

In my lagna, guru is in the 4th house (cancer) in pushya. It being the lord of 12th house, will I have my own house. My DOB is 2nd jan 1979 and birth time is 13.32 hrs, mumbai. kindly suggest on my financial state

Narasimhulu Says:
May 22nd, 2012 at 6:14 pm

in my kundali, guru is in 12th house (kanya rasi satru sthana) and Iam going through Guru mahadasa since 2010 Janauarywtih guru antardasa. I changed my job in Sept.1o for s lesser salary. On 31st may 2011, I had a mild heart problem and got operated with one stent with 1.5 lakhs espenses. later on I shifted my house to bigger one with high rent. Iam spending money on purchase of small assets like furniture and laptop and gold etc. It looks, whether I have to spend money till completion of my guru dasa. Pl guide me.

Ashwin Says:
January 21st, 2010 at 2:30 am

respected sir,
i am mithunam raashi , dhanur lagnam , punar poosam star
saturn in lagnam 1st house
rahu in kumbham 3rd house
kuja in meenam 4th house
guru in rishabam 6th house
moon in mithunam 7th house
sukran and ketu in simmam 9th house
sun in kanni 10th house
budhan in thulam rashi 11th house.. presently m going through saturn maha dhasa…. m 21 yrs old…. how s my future …pls analyse this chart sir.

Jeyapandi S Says:
August 5th, 2009 at 12:34 pm

My lagna is simmam.
I have 7th lord in 12th house.
venus is “neesam” in second house.
2nd house lord is “uchcham” in 2nd house.
guru and chandran in 10th house.
rahu in 3rd house.

When will get life soul mate(marriage).

Ritesh Sharma Says:
August 4th, 2009 at 3:29 pm

I have jupitor in third house in kumbh but I am not a miser. In twelfth I have rahu. I spend on my family but I spend on me, half goes waste. for charity I do.

dharmendra Says:
June 15th, 2009 at 12:37 pm

sir, i have rahu,mars,sun,mercury in 11th house in my horo, moon in lagna(dhanu lagna) & jupiter in 6th house, saturn in 8th house, ketu in 5th house, venus in 12th house. my rahu’s mahadasha for 18 yrs. will started from october,09 so please tell me that this period will positive or negative for me & could this change my profession.please give me answer.

Satya Prakash Sharma Says:
April 9th, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Dear, Sir
In my kundali jupiter and moon at 12th house and satrun at 2nd house, 5th venus and sun and mercury at 6th house

ingrid Says:
January 19th, 2009 at 10:33 pm

hi I have a question, I have aquarius in second house with the sun and mercury in it.whereas the moon and jupiter are in 11 house in scorpio. I see contradictions and i cant really make a rational conclusion. i kinda see both houses playing tug of war. Besides i have saturn in 10th house.I need a wise person’s advice of what this means and thought this would be the right place…thank you many times for your wisdom.

lakshmi rallaplli Says:
October 1st, 2008 at 10:13 pm

I have seen a man who has Mercury and Moon in twelfth in case of a Leo lagna is a miser.Another man with Aquarius Moon with Jupiter and Saturn in fourth a miser doesn’t donate much even in temples. Spending is related to these two houses two and twelfth .These two persons made several investments and accumulated money in their life ,than possessing vehicles .I suggest to my clients to invest or donate willingly in dasa of twelfth Lord.These two houses are important for a business man for transforming his gains into investments.People donate if they have good eleventh house willingly along with twelfth house placements.

Pt.Nitin Kashyap Says:
September 9th, 2008 at 8:47 am

According to every classical book 8 n 12 houses should be vacant. As Mr.Shrinivas says he is spending money on religious deeds in Guru Dasha. I must say the natural karaktwa of planets enhanced when they are placed in 12 house. Only karaktwa related to their lordship is hamper.

P.Jayashree Srinivas Says:
August 29th, 2008 at 6:07 pm

As far as the presence of jupiter in 12th house, In my horoscope jupiter is in 12th house and is vakra in cancer(karkataka) which is uchha stnam for jupiter. If I go by your words ‘accumulation” of money, it would be false. As I am not a miser. And also I do spend a lot on our family and also for charities. I do donate money for temples and perform pujas at home & at temples and donate to brahmins too. All these are done in Guru Maha dasa which is running at present. So I do not think there is any accumulation of money with me.