The following rituals should be followed while wearing gemstones as per Astrology:
- The ring with the gemstone on it should be kept immersed in fresh milk (milk that was not used before and is not boiled) overnight. Avoid pasteurized milk that we get in the packets for daily consumption instead, try to get cow’s milk from a milkman.
- The ring should be worn in the first hour after the sunrise.
- It should be worn on the day of the week belonging to the planet, e.g. Ruby should be worn on Sunday, Neelam on Saturday and so on.
- Gomeda (Rahu’s gemstone) should be worn on a Wednesday, Cat’s eye (Ketu’s stone) should be worn on Thursdays.
- The mantra of the planetary deity should be chanted 108 times and the ring should then be worn.
As my last post was about Mr Bachchan and his blue sapphire stones, I thought I will write something about gemstones and their importance in Astrology.
Based on the planetary positions in an astral chart, i.e. janma kundali, a planet is believed to bring to focus :
I was watching some promos of the quiz show “Kaun Banega Crorepati” on Star Plus and noticed that Amitabh Bachchan is wearing two blue sapphire (i.e. neelam) stones in the middle finger of his right hand. Whenever astrologers ask someone to wear a blue sapphire, they advice caution and it may not suit everyone. But I was amazed that Amitabh is able to handle two of them at the same time. I did not see the middle finger in the other hand, maybe there are couple more 😉