Nadi Dosha Cancellation

By Kshitij Sharma, June 1, 2014

Referring to this comment on Chart Matching Fundamentals, the rules of Nadi Dosha are revisited:

Nadi Dosha: If there is nadi dosha in the chart, i.e. if the nadis of would be bride and groom are the same, there are two exceptions that exist:

1. If the same planet is the lord of janma rashi of prospective couple.
  2. If the lord of rashis of bride and groom are friends

In only these two scenarios, Nadi dosha is said to be cancelled.

Rule number (1) refers to is applicable only when the janma rashis are – Aries and Scorpio (Mars), Sagittarius and Pisces (Jupiter) etc.

Rule number 2 is a little tricky. It is applicable only when there is mutual, natural friendship – both ways. E.g. Mars and Sun are natural friends in Vedic Astrology. Sun considers Mars its friend and vice versa. However, it will not work if one planet considers its friend and other considers it neutral. This happens, for example, with Sun and Mercury. Sun is Mercury’s friend, for Sun, Mercury is a neutral planet. In this case, the rule (2) for Nadi dosha cancellations while matching these two horoscopes does not hold good.

Therefore, for the question that Ms. Anjali has, Nadi Dosha is indeed canceled in her and her husband’s horoscope. There seems to be no issue in horoscope compatibility between their horoscopes, as far as Nadi factor is concerned.

• Comment by Durgesh on November 21, 2014 at 10:18 am

Hello Sir, what if the rashi’s are same and nakshatra is also same? Like in Pisces rashi and Uttarabhadrapada nakshtra.

• Comment by sonal on May 15, 2015 at 6:35 pm

What if the lord of rashis of bride and groom are neutral? For example, Saturn and Jupiter. Saturn is Jupiter’s neutral planet and vice-versa. In this case , does nadi dosha get cancelled?

• Comment by Kshitij Sharma on June 21, 2015 at 7:33 pm

No, in this case nadi dosha doesn’t get canceled.

• Comment by Neha Bhatnagar on September 3, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Pulkit and I have been together for 5 years now and want to get married. When the parents matched our horoscopes there was a nadi dosh found. All astrologers have told us that it exists but there has been no solution to it and we have been told we will not have children, even though in our separate kundlis it says we will have children. Please suggest what are the solutions to this problem and what exactly is the issue in regards to having children. Below are the details:

Pulkit Handa
    17th Nov 1987
    New Delhi

Neha Bhatnagar
    27th Nov 1988
    New Delhi

• Comment by Shalini on December 13, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Sir please advise on below match

1245 AM

635 Am
    Mumbai ..

already got married 6 months before

• Comment by SHIVANI BHAT on December 14, 2015 at 10:32 pm

my and my boy friends moon sign is aries and scopio but we have different nakshatra, is nadi dosh cancelled insuch case?

• Comment by Geetha on December 16, 2015 at 11:58 am

Please check my details and my husband details, if there is nadi dosha what should I do to cancel it?

My details of birth : Geetha, 21-08-1983, 5.01pm
    My husband details of birth : Jaganathan, 07-01-1981, 12.20am

• Comment by gopal on December 16, 2015 at 10:23 pm

i love a girl but in our
    horoscope few astrologer said 20.3 gunas are
    matching and few are saying that 23 gunas are matching. morever we have nadi dosha.
    we consulted to 2- 3 astrologers and all said we should not
    get married to each other, otherwise there would be lots
    of problem in your married life as you might take, having child issue.
    our family is very much
    concerned about horoscope matching and after knowing
    all these things they are denying for the marriage we all are going through with lot of tension due to this.
    i am seeking for an expert advise…please revert with
    some solutions..hoping for earliest reply.

It would be great if you can share your contact details or address so that we can meet w
    with u with our families.

please suggest some solution for this. waiting for the valuable reply.

details are mentioned below

17 nov 1988
    place farukabaad
    time. 17:55

22 mar 1987
    place jaipur
    time 15:15

• Comment by Mukesh on January 8, 2016 at 11:47 am

I want to get married. Please check the details. Nadi dosa is exist in matching. please suggest.

Patna (Bihar)

Indore (MP)

• Comment by Yogesh on February 5, 2016 at 8:17 am

Sir if aadi naadi dosha is there and nakshatra are different Jupiter is the lord of raasi of groom n Saturn is the lord of bride will this match be preferable.

• Comment by swati on February 11, 2016 at 2:17 am

We did love marriage 5 yes back now came to kW that we have nadi dish….
    We don’t have child we took all treatments but no use….plz suggest me n help me to get child

• Comment by ruchita on February 15, 2016 at 9:29 am

hello sir….. me and my bf have antya nadi dosh.. and we will getting married after 2 month… any remidies for cancellation it… plzz help me sir

• Comment by Reema Sarkar on February 26, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Me & my husband is having aadi nadi…plzzz help.
    Dob of my husband:15 april 1984
    Place:asansol west bengal

My Dob:20 nov 1984
    Time:00:55 AM
    Place:durgapur west bengal

• Comment by Pallavi on March 11, 2016 at 9:14 am

I hv eknadi dosha in my kundali to get marry wth my boyfrd wht cn i do.
    Name- pallavi
    date n time-09/03/1994 (00:30)am

boy name- laxmikant
    Date n time-24/11/1993 (8:30 pm )

• Comment by Harshitha on March 20, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Could you please tell marriage compatability.

Boys details:vinod kumar,09 feb 1985, 11:30 am – 12:00 pm,Madanapalle, Andhra Pradesh.

Girls details: Harshitha,10 may 1989,4:15 pm,Chittoor,Andhra Pradesh.

• Comment by Divya on March 20, 2016 at 7:20 pm

Please check whether the nadi dosh gets cancelled in our case:
    Boy: Sahil Thakur, 20 October 1990, 13:29, Pathankot.
    Girl : Divya Jindal, 30 January 1991, 20:03, Delhi.
    Please help. Very urgent!!!

• Comment by Taran on March 22, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Dear sir
    If there is nadi dosha but the janam rashi of both boy and girl is same i.e, Aquarius(Kumbha) and Nakshatra for both is shatabisha. Is the match preferable? Please help.

• Comment by Vrajesh on March 24, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Namaste, Can you please give some scriptural reference for this rule of cancellation of Nadi Dosha

• Comment by Harshitha on March 31, 2016 at 3:38 pm

Basic Details
    Male Female
    Lagan Aries Virgo
    Lagan Lord Mars Mercury
    Sign Virgo Cancer
    Sign Lord Mercury Moon
    Nakshatra Hasta Punarvasu
    Nakshatra Lord Moon Jupiter
    Charan 2 4

• Comment by Harshitha on March 31, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Please let me know nadi dosha exists for this signs and nakshatra.

• Comment by ayush on April 18, 2016 at 1:25 am

pls suggest if following match is good

ab male birth dehradun 10dec1981 14;45pm
    es female birth chandigarh 24sep1986 20:45pm

• Comment by Dhruva Kumar on May 9, 2016 at 8:12 am

Me and my girlfriend wants to get married but we have nadi dosha.. Please let me know if there is cancellation in our case..
    Boy- Dhruva Kumar, Dob- 29-06-86
    Birth time- 7:50 am, Place- mysore
    Girl- Lavanya, Dob- 02-06-89
    Birth time- 5:52 am, place – bangalore
    Please help… Its urgent..
    Thanks in advance

• Comment by neha on July 25, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Hello sir
    I love someone n our nadi shows 0
    please help me to know if we have a nadi dosha n its remedies.
    4 sep 1992
    8.31 a.m
    29 nov 1989
    11.00 a.m

Please help
    Thank you.

• Comment by Prabhat on September 16, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Hi Sir,

This is regading nadi dosha in match making. If it is there is it cancelled?
    Below are the details.
    Name – Prabhat Kumar
    Date of Birth – 21-07-1981
    Time – 4:30 AM
    Place – Bokaro (Jharkhand)

Name – Kumari Uma
    Date of Birth – 14-07-1987
    Time – 3:22 PM (15:22)
    Place – Patna (Bihar)

Request you to please let me know. I would be very thankful.

• Comment by tamalika bhattacharya on October 9, 2016 at 4:37 pm

Me & my boyfriend is having aadi nadi…plzzz help.
    Dob of my boyfrnd Mithun Banerjee: 18 may 1984
    Time 4:50am
    Place:purulia west bengal

My Dob : 10 feb 1986
    Time: 2:20 AM
    Place:Tamluk west bengal

Please follow this link for Contact and Consultation.

Before submitting a comment on VEDIC ASTROLOGY, please understand that discussions/messages on the forum and on the blog are visible to the visitors of the site as public information and you allow the site to use the comment appropriately in the articles and notes. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared. Please go through the Terms of Use in the footer of the page.