July 22nd, 2008

Free Jyotish Horoscope Software

Upon purchase of one year subscription of Express Star Teller, the subscriber is asked for relevant details of date, time and place of birth. This information is used to generate a varshaphal and predictions are made using a commercially available software – Parashara’s Light 6.0. From the printout, it looks like a computer generated report and a lot of manual effort does not seem to have gone in. Parashara’s Light 6.0 is available for a price from GeoVision Software Inc. and you can find the details here.

When I am at home and an Internet connection is not available, I sometimes use Jagannath Hora software to generate horoscopes, which I have installed it on my PC. While you get prepared to download a software, please download the full version, which is about 56MB. It is a pretty good software considering it is free.

Still, the free jyotish kundali software on this site will give you most of the information required to make predictions. It gives longitudes of the planets, rashi, bhava and divisional chart placements, nakshatras and vimshottari dashas. Since it is a java application that needs to run in a browser, there is definitely a constraint on size of screen and the application itself.

In any case, any software on astrology whether free or not, is not the end by itself. It is just a means to an end. Please do not get bogged down by the amount of information provided by such softwares. Most astrologers look at just some of the parameters. They rely a lot on their intuition, judgement of the situation at hand and most importantly, plain common sense. Advanced calculations are used just as an aid to reinforce the intuition.

9 Responses to “Free Jyotish Horoscope Software”

Tarun Kanti Seal Says:
February 14th, 2013 at 9:22 pm

How do I get this software? I can’t download this.

Please help me.

sohan singh Says:
March 26th, 2010 at 9:51 pm

How do I buy this softwear? I dont see any sign of download. Please help me

gar Says:
August 16th, 2009 at 5:16 pm

When i will get married? when i will be released from this struggling life (financial)? my dob is 15/05/1970. How will be my husband?

manjunatha Says:
July 29th, 2009 at 11:38 am

my date of birth 09/03/1985 evening 5:45
which is my raasi

sonia Says:
April 28th, 2009 at 11:28 pm

dob 27-nov-1985 time12:10pm karachi pakistan i m so worried plz tel me about my marriage & married life

A Says:
March 10th, 2009 at 9:34 pm

Does time of sunrise has any significance when it comes to cassting a lagna chart?

Ex: Will the lagna kundali of a person born with sunrise as 5:50 will be different when compared to person born at sunrise 6:20

mukesh Says:
September 10th, 2008 at 11:11 am

i want this site link

Chalapathy Says:
August 13th, 2008 at 8:03 am

Dear Sir:

The kundali software is not accepting the Thiruvallur longitude which is between 79°15′ and 80°20′Eastern Longitude.

S. ANAND Says:
July 24th, 2008 at 3:59 am

Just some advice for JHora users:

1. There are some default settings like “True Nodes” and “Mean Nodes” which will show Rahu-Ketu in different houses. So, if you are looking to verify charts and some things don’t match, then just don’t say it (or the chart given by JHora) is wrong.

2. Lahiri is the default, but some parts of South India use an ayanamsa closer to Raman. So, planetary longitudes will be slight different, and your navamsa pattern may change.

3. Tamilians tend to use a “vakya” panchanga where planetary motions are determined by certain sutras (aphorisms). The positions of planets cast by using a vakya panchanga may differ from those indicated by JHora which is “drik ganitha” panchanga.

The computer merely generates an output based on your input. Ensure the data you enter is as accurate as you can get (GIGO). The software merely takes the grunt work and human mathematical errors out of horoscope casting.