March 16th, 2008

Rules of Combination of Planets

This post, although being posted late, should be read before any other posts under Yoga category. In a Vedic horoscope, planets are said to be in combination if:

1. Kshetra Sambandha (क्षेत्र सम्बंध): They exchange location and occupy each other’s rashi. E.g. Venus in Leo and Sun in Taurus simultaneously in the chart
  2. Drishti Sambandha (दृष्टि सम्बंध): They affect each other through full aspect or drishti,
  3. Rashish Drishti Sambandha (राशीश दृष्टि सम्बंध): A planet located in a rashi under full drishti of the lord of the house in a horoscope
  4. Yuti Sambandha (युति सम्बंध): The planets occupy the same rashi in a horoscope.

These rules are numbered because the strength of effectiveness of the yoga reduces as we move from (1) to (4), which means that kshetra sambandha is the most potent and yuti sambandha has the least strength of all the yogas.

Further, location in houses 4th and 10th from each other are also considered as a combination from any of the planets. This is most evident in case of various Panch Mahapurusha yogas.

The combination of the planets should be seen in both rashi and chalit chart. If a planet moves in position between rashi and chalit chart, the combination would be rendered ineffective.

Full Aspect – Drishti

To explain (3), let us take an example of Venus in Pisces and Jupiter in Scorpio. In this case, Jupiter influences Venus through its 5th sign aspect, which means that we do not always need to look at 7th full drishti for this combination to be effective. The special full aspect of planets other than the usual 7th sign aspect are as follows:

• Mars: 4th and 8th sign
  • Jupiter: 5th and 9th sign
  • Saturn: 3rd and 10th sign
  • Raku and Ketu: 5th and 9th sign

Sun, Moon, Mercury and Venus do not have any other special aspect.

14 Responses to “Rules of Combination of Planets”

KUMARASWAMY Says:
December 23rd, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Dear guruji

I will reading for KAS.Is such yoga is there in my kundali for getting Higher authority government Job?.

Date of birth:25/04/1985 6.30PM

Lagna-Tula
Nakshatra:Aridhra-2
Place: Chickmagalore (Karnataka)

KUMARASWAMY Says:
December 23rd, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Dear guruji

Date of birth:25/04/1985 6.30PM

Lagna-Tula
Nakshatra:Aridhra-2

Lilly Says:
December 17th, 2013 at 1:52 am

Hi Arun,

you have Moon+Jup in 11th house forming Gajakesari yoga.It is a very auspicious yoga…so please be patient, good time will come.

Try to do some charity works( not monetary), and try to be honest. If you feel that troubles in marriage is due to you only then change yourself. Respecting your wife means respecting Goddess Lakshmi.

For the time being give tutions to Children.

Lilly

Arun Kumar Says:
November 8th, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Dear Guruji,
I don’t have job from last 2 years ( i was working as software engineer for last 5 years) and also a divorce case with my wife ( she is staying with her parents). I also have a child (boy) who is living with my wife. I am a regular reader of your magazine.
Please tell me when will i get job again . I am very frustrated.
I don’t have any source of income and currently living with my parents. I am not able to study for my interviews.
Once i get the job i will definitely pay you.
Kindly understand my problem and please tell me what to do and when will i get a job.

My Date of Birth: 17-March-1978
I was born in : (INDIA) and New Delhi
My City of Birth is: (New Delhi)
My time of Birth is: 17:45

Arun Kumar Chaudhry

poosala venkata chary Says:
April 15th, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have purchased a flat at Aaramba town ship of AP Rajiv swagruha carporation, chandanager, hyderabad.

under one slab there is a 6 nos of flats like five floors appartment. particularly my flat have south facing and 2)bed room in north -south (agneyam) side and 3)kitchen room north east. toilet at vayuvya facing to south seating and toilet main door to north side.
please refer my above said home vastu regarding my predictions any discrimination finds please refers to me.
Thanks P.Venkata chary,

ashish Says:
March 10th, 2010 at 9:15 am

namaste sir
i am a doctor by profession having a very bad time. my DOB is 29-12-1979 , time 10:50 am , place : jaipur.
sir ji plz guide me , i was doing PG in transfusion medicine , did nt get the kick so left the course in 2007 FEB , wanted to get into orthopedics, but not getting success till now. In short , sir ji i never got the required success as per my efforts till this fine day. Should i stuck to my preparations or change the field , will i be successful anytime in my life from now on, plz its requested sir , guide me through , i will be grateful to you
thanks

Babu Says:
January 2nd, 2010 at 11:30 am

What is a Shudha Jatakam ,How can we identify a shudha Jataka by seeing the Graha Nila …

anthadupula raghu Says:
December 2nd, 2008 at 4:44 pm

My planets are exchanged between 3rd and 7th and vice-versa.Jupiter is in my 3rd hose and SUN is in my
7th house.My ascenednt is MITHUNA.
What are my political prospects if any

lakshmi rallaplli Says:
October 1st, 2008 at 10:53 pm

This kind of exchanges I have mentioned in my post about Foreign travel and called as parivarthana Yoags or mutual reception. Many of these have been discussed in our classical texts.I have done considerable research in this area which is my first research point.These are powerful yogas than any other yogas if Lordships are fine.Ask for any type parivarthana if you want.

viknesh Says:
June 23rd, 2008 at 11:09 am

Why is that the ascendant change in my Birth chart when I am still using the same Time zone, Lattitude and Longitude to calculate the birth chart? I am confused as to how to Interpret my Chart.

Ajay Kalra Says:
April 20th, 2008 at 8:23 pm

Dear Mr. Sharma,
I was born on 28th April 1959 at 9.04 AM and as per my Horoscope in Rahu Mahadasha till Jun 2011,Venus Antardasha till 20th Jun 2008. I am not progressing in my career despite being one of the best guys. What is the reason and when will positive things happen career wise? Can u guide me me

JAYANT Says:
April 7th, 2008 at 9:57 pm

would u like to predict our carrier if u r interested than contact me at my id-cute_dain@yahoo.co.in or any astrologer who read this comment

Krishna Kumar Says:
April 4th, 2008 at 10:17 am

Dear Mr Sharma, I’m writing this mail as a reply to your blog post since i could not come across / identify any specific e-mail i.d. on which i could contact you. And considering the urgency of the issue, I am giving details of my query right now.

I am (very seriously) considering marriage with particular lady. We know each other for a few months now. When i showed our horoscopes to an astrologer, he had one look and said that we should not proceed. On prodding further, he said that the alliance would effect my lifespan. He went on to say that the lady’s horoscope is a “shuddha jatakam” whereas i’m a manglik. But a couple of astrological websites say that both are manglik.

I give below the birth dates and times of both of us. Please help me, since she is facing a lot of pressure from her family and I too do not want to keep her waiting for too long :

Male :
Date of birth : 12-6-74; 3.45 a.m.(03:45)
Place of birth: Mumbai

Female :
Date of birth : 3-11-78;07.10 p.m.(19:10)
Place of birth : Trichur (Kerala)

Pls do let me know if there are any other means to get in touch with you.

Thank you.

Shruti Says:
March 23rd, 2008 at 9:41 pm

The exchange of planets in each other’s house does form the ‘Aananya Yoga’- for eg. Saturn in Scorpio and Mars in Capricon.in 9th & 11th Houses respectively. This exchange of yoga imparts strength to the houses so exchanged. However, its negative or positive effects are decided by the houses exchanged..viz. malefic or benefic houses. Kindly examine and advise on the veracity of the rule.