January 1st, 2007

Budhaditya Yoga

Budhaditya or Budhaaditya yog is formed when Sun and Mercury join together (i.e. are conjunct) in a house. This yog, in a person’s chart, is said to give lots of talent, success, honour among his/her peers and fame in society.

Mercury is the first planet in the Solar System and is very close to the Sun. As a result, it cannot be more than one sign away from the Sun in the rashi chart. This yog, therefore, appears in a lot of charts, but not all the charts can have the qualities mentioned in the first paragraph.

Any yog materializes only when all the planets involved in the yog are strong. They should be placed well in a chart and also should not themselves be badhakas for the chart, e.g. by being lord of dusthanas. Budhaditya yog is best formed when Sun and Mercury are in signs of Aries, Gemini, Leo and Virgo. The logic is simple – Aries is exaltation sign for Sun, Gemini and Leo are ruled by Mercury and Sun respectively and Virgo is exaltation/moolatrikona sign for Mercury. It is natural to think that these signs would be more conducive for this yog. In other signs, this yog would not fair that well and would give mixed results.

Ownership of Leo by Sun and Gemini and Virgo by Mercury make it a fairly tricky yog. Looking at all the lagnas, it is difficult to find a case both Mercury and Sun are rulers of good houses. Consider the case of Aries lagna where Mercury is a difficult planet as it rules house number three and six at the same time. Sun is an owner of a good house – house number five, but its association with Mercury may not be considered good for the person.

This yog would give good results for Taurus, Leo, Libra and Aquarius lagna. For Sagittarius lagna, Sun and Mercury should be considered auspicious raj-yog karak. Based on Parashari principles, many astrologers might disagree with this observation. They could attribute Mercury to be afflicted because of ownership of two kendra houses at the same time. I am of the opinion that in this case Budhaditya yog still exists.

Apart from house ownership considerations, Mercury should not be extremely close to the Sun. It may be considered combust if it is within six degrees. During the recent transit of Mercury across the solar disc (November 8-9, 2006), Budhaditya yog would get canceled.

I do not know what happens to this yog if Mercury were to be retrograde when conjunct with Sun… I sincerely request an astrologer reading this to consider me a mere student and educate me and other readers of this blog on this matter.

Technorati tags: ,

74 Responses to “Budhaditya Yoga”

sunita mazumder Says:
March 21st, 2014 at 10:46 am

I sunita am meen rashi and lagna is also same in my kundali 8th house sun and mercury, I will come in financialy strong in my lifr.

Kindly , please give the answer.

Sada Siva Mohan Says:
March 11th, 2014 at 7:08 pm

my dob 09/07/1974 time 12.45 p.m., (afternoon) place Srungavarapukota (Vizianagaram Dist) Andhra Pradesh., i have budh aditya yoga in 9th house sun, mercury with saturn also tula lagnam kumba rasi., i cleared my father debts nearly 12 lakhs now i am asking the money now he was told i am noware concern debts., i face critical finacial problems., in business also lot of debts., plz give good suggestions

vipul Says:
February 27th, 2014 at 4:27 pm

my dob 23/03/1984, time 11:55 pm, place virpur (gujrat).i have budh aditya yoga in 5th place, and my lagna is vrischika. i didnt fount any support with my father. i have working with computer hardware. i have faced many problems in my life since three year. what should i do? plz give me suggetions .

sameer Says:
February 15th, 2014 at 12:33 am

my dob 23/05/1987, time 3.10 pm, place- bahraich (U.P)
I have faced many problems in my life regarding my studies.From 2009-2013 I feel some relax in my computer engineering graduation.Now this time i m searching for a good job. When will I got the job.Again I have to face problems in my life?Please answer, if there is any solution please answer.

GOUTAM SAUDAGAR Says:
January 17th, 2014 at 9:51 pm

my details. d.o.b 20/06/1965.t.o.b 03-25a.m. place kolkata.westbengal.india. my janam kundali is sun,mercury,venus in 2nd house,ascendant is virgo.but iam still now facing finacial problem,dont settele my life,so i not know my life.kindly give me answer in my life and budhaditya yoga.

abhay tiwari Says:
August 31st, 2013 at 12:57 pm

budha & sun is together in a 11TH house in my kundli but the mercury is asth, so will it consider as a BUDHAADITYA YOG. IT IS GOOD OR BAD FOR ME?
SUN 11′
MERCURY 15′

Anjan kumar Says:
August 27th, 2013 at 10:24 pm

What is my futucher sirji

Amit sharma Says:
July 13th, 2013 at 1:11 pm

In my janam kundli budh adtiya yoga in birthlagan with 11 house ,,,and my ascedent is aquarius .

neha Says:
April 14th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

mujhe job kab milegi.meri shaadi kab hogi aur love marrige hogi ya arrenged.
dob— 16.07.1994
time— 06:55
place— lucknow(up)

vin Says:
April 10th, 2013 at 3:12 am

Hi there!
read your article..is good!
But one question….what about um.. sun in leo (9th house), mercury in virgo (9th house – exaltation) with scorpio lagna…does the budhaditya yoga still hold good here? :(
plz tell me! “_”

BISHWANATH AGARWAL Says:
December 27th, 2012 at 7:32 pm

SURYA AND BUDHA IN LAGNA any remedy would you like to suggest sir kindly everybody saying i am very lucky now I AM OF 55 YEARS OLD

BISHWANATH AGARWAL Says:
December 27th, 2012 at 7:26 pm

in lagna surya and budha kindly tell me why i am in fianance problem

Nitin Says:
November 9th, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Sir i faced many problems at present my buisness not give as well as i want also my mother passes away suddenly what can i do plz tell me what are the reasons behind it also i feel lonly my details are dob :05 -10- 1972 6:22 am place of birth KANPUR

Rammohandas Says:
October 10th, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I’m doing computer sales and servicing business but, business is too dull . please give me which business is suitable me
my details

Date: 16-04-1974
Time 7:30 am
Place : Jaggayyapet ( Anhdrapradesh )
please save me
Rammohanadas

Rammohandas Says:
October 10th, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Hi Sir,

This is Rammohandas , My baby was born on 2nd sept. 2012 (02-09-2012) at khammam, andhrapradesh. @ 8:10pm.

1. what is the starting name of the letter
2. which name is suitable as with numarology
3. which study she’s like
4. how is health and wealth

please give the details of my new born baby.
thanking you sir

Rammohan Das Pandy

SnehalKumar Says:
April 30th, 2012 at 11:28 am

I have a rahu guru chandal yoga in 6th house, We did rahu guru chandal yoga jap for that but since last 3 years i am jobless and doing only some freelancing, not able to find proper business and depressed. Last month on 26th my father passed away. I request you kindly guide me, My detail is as under.

Time of Birth is 2 am
Date of Birth is 18th October, 1972,
Place of Birth is Ahmedabad ( Gujarat – India)

rudra Says:
November 28th, 2010 at 9:19 pm

time 5.47 am
date 21st april 1989
amreli gujarat

budhaditya yog in 2nd house in aries
is it good?

jamuna rao Says:
September 8th, 2010 at 10:26 pm

my son date of birth is 1995 october 11th morning 7 45 am at bangalore’ his lagna tula venus rahu mars. scropio jupiter. r.saturn in kumba moon ketu in mesha ravi r.mercury in virgo. pl tell me for his education and married life and wealth. pl pl any fees i will pay

gaurav Says:
September 8th, 2010 at 12:08 pm

hello sir ,
please help me and tell me what kind of good and bad yogas are there in my kudli.
my details are:
time:22:12 pm
date of birth:13/01/1979
place:kanpur(u.p.)

Venkat Says:
August 24th, 2010 at 4:46 pm

As per my knowledge, my son got gajakesari yoga and Hamsa yoga. His DOB :17-05-2008, TOB:3:14, POB: Hyderabad, India. Please can you confirm.

Venus in Aries
Mercury and sun in Taurus
Mars and Ketu in cancer
Saturn in Leo
moon in Virgo
Jupiter in Sagittarius
Rahu in Capricorn

jamuna rao Says:
August 5th, 2010 at 5:47 pm

my son date of birth 11th october 1995 place of birth bangalore morning wednesday 7 45 minitues am.his horscope is like this lagna in tula venus mars rahu scropio jupiter kumba vakra saturn mesha moon ketu virgo mercury sun please answer me now my son is 10th stanatd how is his result future waht type educn for suit him now his dasa is moon dasa rahu period. i am worrying about his edun, and job his wealth.

Dr AWAKASH ANJAN Says:
August 4th, 2010 at 4:48 pm

sir i am a dentist and have a private clinic. born on 24/25 1:16am in bokaro. i have budhaditya yog in my palm. which stones would be favourable for me. i am married on 09 feb 2009. my wife name is Dr ANAMIKA. she too is a dentist. thankyou sir.

riti Says:
July 28th, 2010 at 3:32 pm

i hv consulted astrologer n came to know that i hv a budaditya yog n will achieve lots of success.i have a very good education but i tried a lot for a job couldnt get one.when will i get a job as m getting married in november.i m very worried.
date is 1st oct 1984
time 5:49am
place jamshedpur

Aparna Dayal Thakur Says:
June 5th, 2010 at 9:50 pm

My Birth Date:- 22nd February, 1988
Birth Time:- 9:20 A.M.
Birth Place:- Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Anu Says:
May 17th, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Appreciate if you could kindly let me know if my partners horoscope indicates any multiple marriages?

DOB : 26.08.1983
TOB : 16.05 Hrs
BP : Matara, Sri Lanka
Gender : Male

Many Thanks in advance!!!!

sivakumar Says:
May 13th, 2010 at 9:25 pm

My DOB: 18-6-1985
TOB: 6:23 pm
POB:amalapuram (andhra pradesh).

I would like to know about any business aspects that may exist in my life, as i possess maha dhana yoga , and also budhadhitya and others..
when can i have permanent job and any chances to go abroad , in my future ?

Pls. let me know.

Madhuri Says:
May 7th, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Hello Sir!

My DOB: 21-4-1978
TOB:4:20pm
POB:Hyderabad
Since 2003,I’ve been having strange fears.And every alternate year it wud repeat for a week or so with higher degree of fear.Like in 2005,2007 and last yr 2009.It was very severe for about 6 months.Plz help me understand what’s wrong with me.Or do i have any doshas.I have 2 small kids.I can’t go on like this
Any remedies?plz i wud really appreciate it.

bhaskar Says:
May 4th, 2010 at 4:33 pm

respected guruji
i have a budhadithya at tula lagna itself and also shani at 3 house ie at dhanas what are its effects please tell me.

U.Yogi Says:
April 24th, 2010 at 3:09 am

Dear Rahul

Yes. And you will get success in Civil services.

-U.Yogee

Rahul Ghai Says:
April 6th, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Respected Sir,

I’m having BudhAditya yoga in my ascendant(capricorn), is it worth any good? I’m vastly interested in trying for Civil Services, will it be an obstacle with Sun being in enemy’s sign. I’m also having exalted Venus in my third house and Jupiter in fourth house and Moon in tenth house
possibly forming a GajaKesari yoga. Also Mars is in it’s own rasi in Lagna kundali. In Navamansha there’s Maha Parivartana Yoga taking place between Jupiter(2nd house) & Mars(1st house).

SRIDHAR BV Says:
March 8th, 2010 at 10:09 am

In my Kundali budha,rahu & ravi is in 10th house from Lagna ? But budha is silent(astha). What is the effect?
Any benefit can I expect. I am already 54years old.

abhishek Says:
February 13th, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Dear yogi ji,

Please let me know about the other yogas in my kundli, i will be gratefull to you…

U.yogi Says:
January 28th, 2010 at 4:18 am

Hi Abhishek

YES it is having. Secondly it is a very fine kundli.

What’s your worries ??

List of the yogas are :

Editor: Removed the list since I am not sure of the source of content.

– U.Yogi

U.yogi Says:
January 28th, 2010 at 4:11 am

hi magdalena

Though gun match is 22.5 / 36 but….

shows possibility of marriage eachother … YES
and if yes can be that happy marriage … NO AS HARMONY & UNDERSTANDING WILL NOT BE THERE
with children … YES and
welth for life long wiyhout divorce … NO AS MENTAL COMPATIBILITY IS NOT THERE.

–U.YOGI

Abhishek Says:
January 20th, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Dear sir, please please tell me whether there is budhaditya yog or some other good or bad yogas in my kundali, i am very confused about my kundali, nobody is able to tell the real thing. pls help me….

DOB- 9th march 83
time- 05:45 am
place – siwan(bihar)

magdalena Says:
January 10th, 2010 at 11:06 pm

hi.can u please tell me is it possible that we can be together?i was born 01.04.1982 in wroclaw, poland at 11:40am.my boyfriend was born 02.09.1980 in nawashahr, india at approx. 4.30am.i want to know if our horoscops shows possibility of marriage eachother and if yes can be that happy marriage with children and welth for life long wiyhout divorce?

RAGHAVENDRA RAO Says:
January 5th, 2010 at 2:42 pm

hello this is raghavendra rao bron on august 10th 1980 at 11-12 pm, please help me to my astrology for career, marriage and family relationships

Preity Says:
October 28th, 2009 at 9:33 am

My dob is 16April 1990 At 06:55pm place jamshedpur plz tell me abt my future ,my carrier.Is their love marraige yog in my kundli.how will be my husband?plz suggest me

sj Says:
October 28th, 2009 at 9:02 am

My birth details and time are:
22-09-1975 at 14:20 in Bhilai.
I face a lot of problems in my job(mostly back biting, politics etc.)where ever I join. I want to know that will I face such problems always in my job?
Will I get a job in which I can continue for a long time without much problems? I am worried about my career. Should I change my job stream which suits me.

People say that I have a Budhaditya yog. Please tell if this yog is effective in my kundali.

Thanks & Regards,
sj

ashish Says:
September 24th, 2009 at 8:06 pm

my dob is 14 march 1983. Plz tell me abt professional and financial life place of birth 06-30 p.m at radaur haryana.

Nishant Sharma Says:
September 20th, 2009 at 4:12 pm

My name is Nishant Sharma DOB 07-06-1978, Place of Birth Hapur(Distt. Ghaziabad), Time of birth 21:20.

I am struggling in every field of life. I mean no job, no marriage, bad health. Can you suggest something sir ??
Your reply is eagerly awaited. Is there “Budhaditya” yog in my Kundali and is it helpful..

manpreet Says:
August 21st, 2009 at 12:16 pm

my son in laws dob is 30th june 1973 and place of birth is rourkera(orissa) india. time of birth is 17:05. He is having lots of difficulties with his job. kindly suggest some remedies for a better and permanent job

kuldeep Says:
August 4th, 2009 at 4:24 pm

My Date Of Birth : 18-09-1980
Place Of Birth : kolhapur,maharastra,India
Time Of Birth : 10:30 pm

Please let me my lagna yog

parameshwar Says:
July 9th, 2009 at 11:01 am

In my haroscope, Ravi & Budha are in second house from Lagna. Lagna(Asc) is in Libra. And Moon is in tenth house from Lagna(Asc).

Ravibudadithya yoga is there? & is it effective?
Since moon is in tenth house, kemadrama yoga has nutralised?

Pratik Says:
May 20th, 2009 at 2:03 am

Hi
I am having problems in life, no happiness at all, so pls do tell me when will bad period of my life will be over and good period of life will come.

my Date of Birth 3rd Dec 1988. Time 05:32AM

Place of birth Jalandhar City, Punjab.

MY 1st House or lagna Libra And Venus in Libra.
2nd house Scorpio Sun + Mercury.
3rd House Sagittarius Saturn.
5th house Aquarius Rahu.
6th House Pisces Mars.
8th House Taurus Jupiter.
11th house Leo Ketu and 12th house Virgo Moon.

Rahul Says:
April 30th, 2009 at 11:06 am

My Date Of Birth : 16-09-1979
Place Of Birth : Gorakhpur,UP, India
Time Of Birth : 05:15 am

DO you See the Guru Chandal Yog in My Kundali and Also if possible let me know the ill effects of the Same
and remedies

Neeraj Says:
March 11th, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Hi

I m having sun,merc,saturn,moon in 9th house,
raashi sagittarius,
asc-1st house

sun-merc = 000 CONJ
moon-sat = 027
sun-mon = 022
sun-sat =005 CONJ
moon-merc=022
merc-sat =005 CONJ

what does it says about kind of life i wud have?

DOB: 22-12-1987
TOB: 14:15
POB: Yamunanagar

ashanya pandy Says:
February 13th, 2009 at 3:13 pm

if a person is having budhaditya yog, then which field will be good for him?

jayesh Says:
February 11th, 2009 at 12:52 pm

NAME:V.JAYESH
DOB:19 MAY 1983
11:30 a.m.
PLACE:PALGHAT-KERALA

I would like to have more information about my future

ravi kumar singh Says:
January 21st, 2009 at 8:13 pm

sir
my name is ravi kr. singh and my birth details are as follows:
19 june 1983
10:39 a.m.
place of birth- lucknow, u.p.
please help me to choose the profession as iam facing a lot of hurdles in my life. my father expired few days back due to which total responsibility is on me. please guide me if possible. also suggest if i shud wear any stone.
plz help me

Pradeep Says:
January 19th, 2009 at 12:56 pm

HI ,

I just woul like to know, will it be benifull if a Budhatya yoga person put emerald gem stone to Ring Finger.

radha Says:
November 19th, 2008 at 2:03 pm

in my hubby,s kundali.i have sun,mercury.moon in the second place and venus in the third ,saturn,mars,jupiter, rahu and lagna in the 5th place.ketu in the tenth place,what al yogas and doshas do my hubby has

suman kumar Says:
August 27th, 2008 at 4:12 pm

Request to c whether Buddha aditya Yoga is there in my kundali and which period it is vibrant .

DOB:22-08-1981 TOB:18:35 place :khammam,Andhra Pradesh

mallikarjun Says:
August 11th, 2008 at 10:12 pm

sun and mercury are in the 7th house of my rasi chart .can you please tell me the significance and if malefic remedial measures.my sign is sagitarius

sunil kabra Says:
August 6th, 2008 at 3:30 pm

my birth dt-22-03-1965 time-2-56 am place- sikar ( raj). here with tell me about my future when my shukra mahadasha will start and is their any good yog in my horoscope.

Parmod sharma Says:
August 3rd, 2008 at 12:15 am

Dear sir my d.o.b is 09 \10 \1984 time is 01:35 am . I could not Express my feeling also i become nervous frequently. Why it is so plz guide.

kaushik Says:
July 21st, 2008 at 12:26 pm

i have guru,rahu and mercury in the house of meena and from lagna it is 6th house..i have heard that this combination of planet is very problematic..so i want suggestion that what should i do to remove all this negative affects..

kaushik

kaushik Says:
June 25th, 2008 at 4:38 pm

i have guru,rahu and mercury in the house of meena and from lagna it is 5th house..i have heard that this combination of planet is very problematic..so i want suggestion that what should i do to remove all this negative affects..

kaushik

Vishal Pasari Says:
June 4th, 2008 at 2:30 pm

Hello sir

It was gr8 reading your article. sir could you enlighten me on how beneficial this Budhaditya yog could be in libra lagna being in 11th house. my DOB is 20th August 1984, 9:50 am, Place of Birth is Jamshedpur.

With regards

Vishal Pasari

Arun Kr. Anand Says:
May 7th, 2008 at 2:02 pm

in my horoscope there is guruchandal yog [in my ascendent(lagna) there guru and rahu is present in pisces zodiac]. what is its ill effect and what is its remedy?

Rishi Says:
April 14th, 2008 at 3:21 pm

Great article. Very succinct yet informative. It’s to the point. I wish more people wrote this clearly.

Vishal Gupta Says:
March 24th, 2008 at 11:30 pm

Dear Kshitij SIr,

Thanks for the Knowledgeable article, dear sir, i would be very obliged if you can tell me about my future i want to be a Cabin Crew, and trying from last 1 & half year, but couldnt make it. From last 3 years my health is very bad, i have lost it very badly, also met with two serious accidents last year.

Birth Details: 25/01/1983; 09:25 AM; Agra(UP).

People say that my kundli is very good, but i dont see anything good in my life.

please reply,

Vishal

rashmi Says:
March 14th, 2008 at 4:10 pm

Kshitij ji,

thanks for this wonderful article.
my birth details are
27-07-1982; 11:50am; meerut (U.P.)
In my chart, there is budhaditya yog but some body told that budh neech ka hai and for this reason, yog is not favourable to me, also suggested me to wear 5.25 ratti panna.
If the person is correct and should i follw the instructions.
Please, advise.

Rashmi

Alok Kumar Pattnaik Says:
December 13th, 2007 at 8:49 pm

hello sir,
i am having a chandal yog ( conjunction of rahu and guru ) in 7th house in sagitarious sign.guru and rahu are of sagitarious rashi

Aiyu Says:
December 5th, 2007 at 11:46 am

Greetings, interesting article you have here, so allow me to add my two cents worth :)

I’ve always thought that Budhaditya Yoga would manifest itself effectively only if it’s also located in the 1st, 5th, 7th or 11th house, the logic being that the ‘self’ (1st house or aspect from 7th house) or ‘intelligence’ (5th house or aspect from 11th house) would have to be effected by this yoga.

Also, the aspects of the person’s life that shall improve would be related to the houses ruled by the planets involved in the yoga. It doesn’t guarantee all-round fame, talent and success. Any other obstruction to this yoga in the form of aspects from other planets or location of sun/mercury at the cusp of a house would effect its quality/strength.

sunny Says:
June 1st, 2007 at 9:46 am

hello sir,
i am having a chandal yog ( conjunction of rahu and guru ) in sixth house in libra ascendent.guru and rahu are of meen rashi…what effect do they cause to me in my life i am also having conjunction of venus and saturn in second house…….. plz tell me how will they affect me and my carrer as i am persuing Chartered Accountancy……

Divya Jyoti Says:
April 23rd, 2007 at 12:57 am

was just reading this article.
i dont know how old it is and how this entire blogging system works. but found a question asked here so thought id answer it-the buddha aditya yoga does NOT get cancelled due to the retrogade motion of mercury. in fact even in combustion it gives almost its full effect. mercury does NOT get spoilt by combustion since in transit it is stuck close to the sun at all times-never more than one house before or after. so it forms a special equation with the same. hope that asnwers your question…

Shubh Veer Says:
April 13th, 2007 at 10:51 pm

I know someone with sun conjunct mercury in ascendant sagittarius sign and he achieved fame, success and honour at the age of 27! He’s still very famous and benefits from societal honour. God Bless

rashmikant patel Says:
March 16th, 2007 at 6:44 am

I HAVE ARIES LAGNA & IN ARIES I DO HAVE SUN & MERCURY ALSO MERCURY IS RETROGATED
DOB=MAY 12 1957 TIME=04;25 AM PLACE=ADEN (YEMEN)
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I HAVE BUDDHATIYA YOG

Gorur N. Swamy Says:
March 9th, 2007 at 2:18 am

Dear Sir
Pl. comment on the birth chart of a boy born on 23rd june 2000 at New Jersy, USA at 2.50 p.m. The boy has budaaditya yoga that too buda in his own sign, he has 4 planets in the 9th house which is considered to be bhagodaya house and also causes Raja yoga. pl. also give the general predicitions of the chart.
Thanking you
N. Swamy

Sunil samaranayake Says:
February 25th, 2007 at 4:04 pm

Dear Kshitiji,
You are a wonderful teacher & encourage people to learn this amazing science free, for which you would gain supreme bliss in samsara soon.
I have Budhaditya yoga in Aquarius, 11th house & my lagna is Aries (ASC 17 degrees 54′).Sun placed at 313 degrees 22′.Mercury placed at 301 degrees 5′& is in retrograde. Please let me know the prediction if by now you are successful in knowing this.
Thanks.
Sunil.

Deepak Omprakash Sharma Says:
February 20th, 2007 at 5:54 am

Hello Kshitiji,
i want to know about when Saturn in 12th houses(Virgo) in Libra lagna , what result will gives in its Maha dasa. TIME OF BIRTH : 13:30 Place : Mumbai
Date of Birth : 28/07/1982

Sunil Says:
January 30th, 2007 at 7:03 pm

Kshitiji,
You have done a commendable job bringing about this website. I had a question on Gaja Yoga(Not Gaja Kesari Yoga). I am told that an alliance I received had this Yoga. What are the advantages that add to me?