April 1st, 2010

Relationships

This was an interesting cartoon in DNA, Bangalore. Funny in some sense, after the current furor by Supreme Court on pre-marital sex and live-in relationships.

DNA cartoon on live-in relationship and astrology

Marriage is defined based on a ceremony, whether it is a ceremony in front of Agni dev, Nikaah in front of a kazi, a church wedding in front of a priest or a court wedding in front of a registrar. The importance of a ceremony is such that in 2002 when I applied for a dependent US visa for my wife, the US consulate insisted on seeing wedding photographs along with the marriage certificate.

A relationship can exist without a ceremony as well – in fact one of the types of wedding defined in Indian culture called Gandharva Vivah, is nothing but a man and woman accepting each other as husband and wife and then going ahead with life.

Without sounding judgmental, I have a very honest and personal advice for folks here: if you are in a committed relationship, please do not look for an astrologer’s approval. If you must, please try to get the approval/blessings of your loved ones, which is what a ceremony is anyway.

8 Responses to “Relationships”

srilakshmi Says:
September 7th, 2010 at 9:39 pm

this is srilakshmi. i got married. there are great disputes between me and my husband.

my dob is
20-08-1985
and the time is 05:35pm.place is guntur, andhrapradesh,india.
and my husband Dob is 26 may 1983
and the time is 11:21 pm.place is chirala, andhrapradesh,india.

Dhanush Says:
August 10th, 2010 at 7:18 pm

nw only am see ur site….i want to know about relation between me and my wud be……

my d.o.b 26.09.1987 time 6.30pm

her d.o.b 04.11.1988 time 7.30am…….pls tell me hw my life with her

parul Says:
July 2nd, 2010 at 6:12 pm

i lost every relations without any reason..why evrytime i has to suffer??

goutham Says:
June 22nd, 2010 at 1:58 pm

hello sir,
i dont know much about this astrology sir,but i it would be a pleasure if u can tell me if swathi and swathi(star) match for marriage.

Sudipto Chakraborty Says:
June 12th, 2010 at 11:33 am

I didn’t mentioned my date of birth previously my date of birth is 3rd March 1981. Birth time 11.30 pm. I am very much tensed when will I get my love?

Yashwant Says:
June 5th, 2010 at 12:35 pm

My Birth Date is 10.05.1982 morning 6.30 am at Kolwadi, Junnar,Pune & the girl birth date is 28-04-1983/8.30 am at Talleycherry,Kannore, Kerala.

Please confirm will i get married with this girl or not ? if yes, when ?

lola Says:
June 5th, 2010 at 11:14 am

Well put.The very fact that one goes to an astrologer shows that we r somewhere beleving in the customs and traditions.What better way of following it than asking for the blessings of your loved ones.

Narevada Says:
May 4th, 2010 at 2:13 am

when will i get married and is it going to be love or arrange marriage?